[thelist] Site Check Please

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Thu Aug 11 02:49:20 CDT 2005

David Bailey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please check http://www.copyquality.co.nz
>
> My client is having problems with the links on the site which I cannot
> reproduce. Apparently all the links work first time, but then start
> going to the wrong page subsequently.

There is something wrong there indeed.

Going to the Contact page:
http://www.copyquality.co.nz/contact.html

Most links point to the wrong places, for example clicking the contact link
again tries to get me to: http://www.copyquality.co.nz/services/contact.html
which does not exist. Same for other links.

Actually it seems that the contact page is the only page where the navbar
links point to the wrong directory.

I have no idea how you produce your navigation bar, but if it is contained
in the code on each page (as it seems since only one page is having
problems), I strongly suggest using some other technique, such as PHP, ASP
or Perl to have it included from a single file to all pages. Otherwise later
editing will be a total nightmare.

Also, on a second note, the page header topic image is not showing up
correctly on "company profile", or "policies", or "site map". On the
policies and sitemap pages the img elements also point to the supposed
profile-image, and have the alt-texts of the profile page.

HTH

--
Suni