[thelist] ASP.NET Weird If-Then thing with Is Nothing

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Aug 11 11:03:05 CDT 2005

   You are correct.  My guess is that either sdrDocs("Address2") is an empty string instead of Nothing, or you have two line break tags somewhere else in your code.

 From: "Casey" aspnet at thecrookstons.com

if not sdrDocs("Address2") is nothing then
lblDocMainAddress.Text = lblDocMainAddress.Text & "
" &
sdrDocs("Address2")& "
"
end if

Okay this should be an easy one. The weird thing is, both of the
's get
included regardless if Address2 is null or not. I thought EVERYTHING
between the "then" and "end if" were conditional... right?

TIA

Casey