[thelist] PHP/html form queston: a better way to do this form and submission?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Aug 11 12:11:15 CDT 2005

Message from Bruce Gilbert (8/11/2005 11:48 AM)

>Hello,
>
>I am working on a form which uses PHP to submit the info. to an email
>address. For an instance like a phone number I  have the html mark-up
>like this:

[snip html markup]

>with different input values for the area code, 3 digit exchange and
>last 4 digits. and then you check the values of each and post either
>the results or an error.

As you seem to have gotten your original question answered, I just wanted
to throw out this article I came across recently -
http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/4090/15118/

It's titled "Usable Forms (for an international audience)" and to quote
just a snippet,

"An additional example is limiting phone numbers to a numeric set and
stopping someone entering their number in the valid international format of
"+61 8 8123 1234", or Australian STD format of "(08) 8123 1234". It would
even stop a user entering the explanation "I don't have a phone number." or
"Please email rather than call.""

regards.
-marc