[thelist] U.S. Cities

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Aug 11 17:12:23 CDT 2005

Joel noted:

>>A lot depends on how you define a [xxxxx]

Hi Joel,

Heh.

Reminds me of the folks that want to cut their customers into
'small', 'medium', and 'large' business!  I often get snotty
and ask them to define "customer".

They usually come back with some nonsense saying the local
fast food join, (let's call it "Burger Death"), is a 'small'
business.

Then I casually point out that the "Burger Death" at 123 Elm St.
is a sole propietarship, a family owned franchise that might be a
'small' business ... But the "Burger Death" at 456 Oak St. is one
of 15 "Burger Death" franchise locations owned and operated by
the same individual; collectively that might be a 'medium' business
... And the "Burger Death" at 789 Main St. is one of 3,500 locations
owned and operated by 'corporate' - so it's a 'big business'.

Facts can be fun for annoying people!   ;-)

RonL.