[thelist] Problem: incredibly slow ftp program

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 02:08:04 CDT 2005

Is changing your ftp program a choice, there are many around.
I use WS_FTP pro for instance. It did not cause and problems yet.

Waiting to retrieve file list may be due to your directory structure.
It will be a pain for the FTP client to gather the file list of a web
app, say an image gallery, with thousands of folders, sub folders and
dozens of files in each folder.

HTH,
Volkan.