[thelist] ajax question, server vs. client request

Anthony apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 17:10:46 CDT 2005

Nope. It would have to be a new query, since I'm
basically creating a wrapper to search results, it
would vary based on the search phrase entered.

I'm thinking if I have /redirect.html?phrase=foo

and have
window.location.href = url + phrase;

in redirect.html, if that would work. Not sure, I'm
going to try now.

--- "Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com)"
<peter at easylistbox.com> wrote:

>    Well, could you just gulp the whole thing at once
> with your server, and then store it for retrieval as
> needed?
>    This assumes, of course, that (a) the data isn't
> too massive and you can get it all in a small number
> of requests, and (b) they don't mind your presenting
> the entire contents like this on your own site.
>
>  From: Anthony apwebdesign at yahoo.com
>
> Hmmm....anyway around this? Is it possible to parse
> the rss feed directly?
>
> --- Matt Warden wrote:
>
> > On 8/12/05, Anthony wrote:
> > > I'm thinking of doing an ajax site, which will
> > query
> > > craiglist rss feeds. I've read a little bit
> about
> > > xmlhttprequest function, used by ajax sites, my
> > > question is, will the request to the craiglist
> > server
> > > be coming from my server ip, or the
> browser/client
> > ip
> > > address?
> >
> > Your ajax app will need to proxy the request
> through
> > your server,
> > because XMLHTTP and variants can only open URIs
> with
> > the same server
> > name as the application, for security reasons.
> >
> > --
> > Matt Warden
> > Miami University
> > Oxford, OH, USA
> > http://mattwarden.com
> >
> > This email proudly and graciously contributes to
> > entropy.
> --
>
> * * Please support the community that supports you.
> * *
> http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

> Harvester
> and archives of thelist go to: