[thelist] IE sending page crazy

David Bailey dab.hand at xtra.co.nz
Sat Aug 20 07:12:02 CDT 2005

>> David Bailey wrote:
>>> The link is:
>>> http://www.propertyvisionnz.co.nz/index.htm
>>> What happens is this:
>>> The page flickers if you run the curser over it.
>
> Burhan Khalid scribeva in 2005-08-20 08:17:
>> Actually, this is not what happens on my version of IE (latest non-7).
>> What I can say is that this is the most extreme difference that I
>> have seen in rendering between FF and IE.  I actually compared the
>> source to make sure it was the same markup!
>
> I've got too latest MSIE 6.0, no flickering here either, and compared to
> FF, the rendering is almost identical! The only differences I could
> spot: the menu has slightly larger type in FF, and the top banner is
> taller in FF.
>
> IE 5, IE 4 had no problems either.
>
> .k
> --
That's weird! I have MSIE 6.0 win, so has the client and he reports that
another friend had the same problem, although, the developer cannot
reproduce the problem on an older IE browser. Not sure what is happening
then! On my (and those others mentioned) browser there is only the logo on
the top left corner, and the rest of the page is white until I put the
cursor on the page; it then flickers to fill the screen with a light green
colour. If I click anywhere on the page, the url changes, but the page
doesn't!! Weird!

Thanks for checking it out!

David