[thelist] Frames with flash

Steve Thurston steve at thethurstons.net
Sat Aug 20 01:43:09 CDT 2005

Howdy
did you ever get to work this prob out?
if you did, please let me know how you done it, I can't loose anymore hair over this simple problem <g>
thanks
steve

> you will be able to add an action to the button:
> add action : (select "onclick")
> options select: "get url"
> in the text fields you should be able to specify the file to load and
> the target, which can be the name of the frame you want to load the page
> into

I took a button from Flash's library and inserted following ActionScript in its
Actions panel.

<ActionScript>
on (release) {
    getURL ("KeyCodeDetector.html", parent.bottomFrame);
}
</ActionScript>

Here "bottomFrame" is the name of bottom frame in which loading of
"KeyCodeDetector.html" is required. The Flash button is in top frame.
When the button is clicked, the page is loaded in the top frame instead of
bottom frame.
What's the wrong with ActionScript?

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.

*  Need an Assistant - Virtual Assistant Service.
*  http://www.TheThurstons.net
*
* Retirement Cash - Get RetiredOnline.info
* http://www.RetiredOnline.info/
*
* Affordable Supplemental Health Benefits - AmeriPlan.
* http://www.deliveringonthepromise.com/40264899