[thelist] JS: Resizing an image?

Kowalkowski, Lee (ASPIRE) lee.kowalkowski at hmrcaspire.com
Thu Aug 25 11:55:31 CDT 2005

The syntax {image.height = newHeight;} should work a treat.  But...

If on your page, your container is stretching to be as big as your image,
then wont {container.offsetHeight} always be equal to {image.height} (less
any padding)?

Or...

If your container height is constant, then can't you just do {image.height =
constant}?

Do you want to avoid altering the aspect ratio of these images when
adjusting the height?  In which case you'll also need {image.width *=
container.offsetHeight / image.height;}.

- LK.