[thelist] Background image on header tag

pandy pandion at gmx.net
Sat Aug 27 10:25:22 CDT 2005

Beth Makinson wrote:

>I have a problem with a background image on a h3 tag on this site:
>http://www.scsmathlondon.org/
>
>They display in Firefox and Opera but not in IE6. In IE, they display on the
>links on the right of the page, but not the h3 tags.
>

>This is the css:
>
>h3 {
>         font:                   10px/12px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
>         text-transform: uppercase;
>         color:                  #333;
>         padding-left:   14px;
>         margin:                 12px 20px 0px 0px;
>         background:     url(../images/bulletDot.jpg) no-repeat 0px 3px;
>}

Odd one. Did you notice that IE doesn't apply any background properties,
for example background-color, to that H3? Anyway, I don't know what causes
it, but the hasLayout tricks seem to work. I tried 'position: relative' and
a height and both fixed it.
BTW, the closing curly brace in the very last rule is missing.

pandy