[thelist] External CSS does not show in Firefox 1.0.6?

Amanda Kuek amandakuek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:32:55 CDT 2005

Hullo all,

I have a page, index.html, which has an external CSS file put into it like so:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="example.css" />

While these two files are on my local machine, I test it in two
browsers: Firefox 1.0.6 and IE 6.0. All is good.

Then, I upload it to the Netspace servers, and check it again. It
shows fine in IE, but in Firefox, it seems like it's not recognising
the CSS.

In fact, I don't think it *is* recognising the CSS, because when I
took out the line <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all"
href="example.css" /> and uploaded it again, it looked exactly the
same. This is only in Firefox mind you, it works fine in IE.

Interestingly, I ran it through the W3C validators, and I was given
both the "Valid XHTML!" and "Valid CSS!" stickers. Some consolation
that was.

I really don't know a lot about this, and it's driving me nuts. (yes
yes, insert the joke about the pirate with a small steering wheel down
his trousers here). Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

You can see the source of my discontent here:

http://www.example.com/trial/index.html
http://www.example.com/trial/example.css

Please, anyone who can shed some light, pearls of wisdom, hair,
skinflakes, shed ANYTHING on the matter, please I'd really like to
hear from you.

I'll stop sounding slightly manic now.

Thanks all.

mank.