[thelist] Java for Beginners (with emphasis on uPortal)

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Mon Aug 29 13:19:53 CDT 2005

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Java resources
that would be helpful in getting me started on a track to developing for
uPortal. I'm a web developer, but my Java skills leave much to be
desired. I would like to dive into it, but I don't quite know where to
start learning Java, with a special emphasis on developing for uPortal.

"uPortal is committed to supporting open standards including the Java
Portlet Specification, initially known as JSR 168." This is all new to
me, so any help will be valuable.

Thanks.

Minh Lee Goon