acceptance of scrolling by users (was RE: [thelist] Table layout to CSS: Not as easy as I thought!)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Aug 30 17:42:43 CDT 2005

> The client <em>insists<em> that the page be only one
> screen (no scroll bar to get all info)

<snippage />

> Does anyone have any other ideas to counter this kind of
> client argument.

Usability article on 'are users willing to scroll?'
http://www.uie.com/articles/page_scrolling/

aardvark's article on giving users control of font size, which covers
many font-size-related usability issues:

  http://evolt.org/node/253

He has to believe that it's not about what *he* wants, it's about what
his visitors/clients want, or need.

joel