acceptance of scrolling by users (was RE: [thelist] Table layout to CSS: Not as easy as I thought!)

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Wed Aug 31 09:55:21 CDT 2005

On 30 Aug 2005 at 15:42, Canfield, Joel wrote:

> > The client <em>insists<em> that the page be only one
> > screen (no scroll bar to get all info)
>
> <snippage />
>
> > Does anyone have any other ideas to counter this kind of
> > client argument.
[...]
> He has to believe that it's not about what *he* wants, it's about what
> his visitors/clients want, or need.

joel posted some good links...

also to keep in mind, you never know what actual viewable area will
be available for a given user, at least not before they get to the
site... take a look at this oldie but goodie...

http://evolt.org/node/2297

the article got a bit whacked in the import (missing an image, and i
can't figure out how to post the URL we used to use for it), but the
concepts are all still there...