[thelist] javascript default event handlers, default events. [TIP]

Kowalkowski, Lee (ASPIRE) lee.kowalkowski at hmrcaspire.com
Wed Aug 31 10:14:53 CDT 2005

Thanks Matt, you're absolutely right about that, but not sure that was my
point.

> > I'm saying onsubmit="return validate(this)" is like
> > class="foobar";
>
> No. Class has nothing to do with style.

Thanks again, got it, except, I didn't say it was that time.  I'm saying my
behaviour is NOT inline, it's in a function nicely tucked away.   Like the
style rules for 'foobar' are nicely tucked away in the stylesheet.

I know the difference is subtle and purists would still say I've got code in
my markup.  Code? Yes!  Behaviour? No!  Coded this way, it is just an
interface, nothing more, an interface has no behaviour, its implementation
does.

We cannot answer "to separate presentation from behaviour", then make things
more complicated, and still not even achieve our goal.  It doesn't make
sense.  Feel free to put code in your markup, but not behaviour in your
presentation.

Thanks for your corrections Matt, I think it's helping me get my point
across more clearly!

- LK