[thelist] javascript default event handlers, default events. [TIP]

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:15:16 CDT 2005

> bar() is a javascript behavior just as alert() and open() are. You
> have JavaScript embedded within your markup. There is no such thing as
> an interface in JavaScript (to my knowledge). This is a JavaScript
> function, which is a definition of behavior. Further, the "onFoo" part
> is also a definition of behavior.

I also think that there is no "interface" in JavaScript, even
methaphorically speaking what is defined here as an interface is
nothing but a class or a class constructor.

I think, we can only talk about event handlers, classes and (somewhat
loose)inheritance in js.

imho

<button id="ID" onclick="someaction()" />

or even worse

<button id="ID" onclick="someaction(lorem,ipsum,dolor)" />

is nothing but embedding javascript into markup.

>>OK, except bar() in my example was not a JS function, just a reference to
>>it.

bar() -> "is a" javascript funtion

bar -> is a reference to it.

Cheers,