[work] [thelist] some css help

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Sep 1 08:38:24 CDT 2005

Dan McCullough wrote:
> I have a client who wants a drop shadow around the border of their
> website.  So the middle of the page looks like its raised.  I can do
> it with cropping images and putting that as the border around the
> outside.  Is there away to pull this off in css to give the illusion
> that a page is raised without using the shadow images?

There was recently a post on CSS-d about styling the HTML element, which
has by default a border in IE Win. This may be of interest to you. The
relevant URIs are:

http://www.stilbuero.de/demo/viewport_without_border/viewport_with_border.gif
http://www.stilbuero.de/demo/viewport_without_border/viewport_without_border.gif

http://www.stilbuero.de/demo/viewport_without_border/

ADDING a border to the HTML element may or may not work in all browsers,
but it seems to be worth a try. :)

HTH,
Hershel