[thelist] a div/css formating question...

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Mon Sep 5 07:51:49 CDT 2005

"i can use divs to set up the header, the 'nav_menu area, as well as the
left area/right area. my question comes when i want to create a 'footer'
area that will more or less move depending on the length of the
'left/right' areas..."

I use floats for this type of layout for the columns, then the footer is
a simple 100% width and clear: both; Wrapping the two columns in a
wrapper gives better behavior, and you'll possibly need some sort of
clearing element just above the footer.

More info here on footers:
<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FooterInfo>

--
Ciao for Now,
bj

http://kickasswebdesign.com
devblog: http://kickasswebdesign.com/wordpress/
Kickass WebGeek Resources: http://kickasswebdesign.com/webgeekdir/

"Windows (win'-doze) (n.): 32-bit extensions to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition, and whose Operating System is 0% compared to Mac :)"-- stolen from Dean of etomite.org.

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound says I'm squeaky clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0535-3, 09/02/2005
Tested on: 9/5/2005 8:51:51 AM