[thelist] How do you extract money from people over the internet?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Sep 6 13:34:10 CDT 2005

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) wrote:
> From: Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
>>AFAIK it's still not possible to accept credit cards via PayPal without
>>the customer having to use a payment form hosted by PayPal...
>
> You're wrong  :)
> https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside.

Cool!  Thanks for the correction.  OK, so I take back what I said about
PayPal.  Looks like their Website Payments Pro service is exactly like a
regular credit card merchant account.  Per-transaction rate is a bit
high, but I guess that can be offset in various ways.  It should be
noted that working with their API is going to much the same as working
with the API for another service.  The more standard gateways such as
Authorize.net, Verisign Payflow, etc have many prebuilt solutions
available in multiple scripting languages, e.g. just about all shopping
cart solutions support Authorize.Net.  In any case development time
should always be taken into account when choosing a solution.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/