[thelist] ASPMail error

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Sep 7 18:41:13 CDT 2005

Wouldn't that include a literal " as part of the person's name? So, instead
of:

Joe Bloggs

It would be:

"Joe Bloggs"

?

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kamian
: Sent: Wednesday, 7 September 2005 11:53 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: RE: [thelist] ASPMail error
:
: You should also consider using this, to accomodate certain characters:
:
: Mailer.AddRecipient	"""" & Request.Form("fullname") & """",
: Request.Form("email")
:
:
:
: >From: "Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)" <ftarzwell at fayec.com>
: >To: "thelist at lists.evolt.org" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
: >Subject: [thelist] ASPMail error
: >Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:27:03 -0400
: >
: >Hi,
: >
: >I am trying to add recipients to a form and I am getting errors.
: >the line is:
: >Mailer.AddRecipient  "FayeC", "quote at fayec.com"
: >
: >And I want to have the same email mailed to the person who sent the form
: so
: >I am trying to get the email posted on the form by using:
: >Request.Form("fullname") , Request.Form("email")
: >
: >But everytime I add that to the line it gives several errors depending on
: >what I use to join the recipients (&, ;, , ):
: >
: >
: >Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'
: >
: >Expected end of statement
: >
: >/quote_sent.asp, line 6
: >
: >Mailer.AddRecipient "FayeC" , "quote at fayec.com"; Request.Form("fullname")
: ,
: >Request.Form("email")
: >or
: >
: >Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
: >
: >Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment:
: >'Mailer.AddRecipient'
: >
: >/quote_sent.asp, line 6
: >
: >or
: >
: >Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
: >
: >Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'Request.Form'
: >
: >/quote_sent.asp, line 7
: >
: >
: >Any help is appreciated..what am I doing wrong????
: >
: >
: >FayeC
: >
: >
: >
: >--
: >
: >* * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: >http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
: >
: >For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester and
: archives
: >of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org Workers of the Web, evolt !
:
: FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
: http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/
:
: --
: