[thelist] AOL Email Links

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 15:02:57 CDT 2005

I remember back when I did html emails in 1999, i had
to write a subroutine in the main program, that said
"if aol { send plain-text }"

sad, but I think they've gotten around it these days.

Here's how I send multipart/alternative emails now:

http://stuff.chovy.com/perl/Newsletter.pm

--- Maximillian Schwanekamp
<lists at neptunewebworks.com> wrote:

> What's the story on AOL email links these days?  Is
> it still true that
> AOL email clients are still whacked out, and need to
> have links
> formatted as HTML within a text/plain message body?
> Google is giving me
> hundreds of really old tutorials/tips on the
> subject.  I don't dare
> install AOL on my machine to try it out - last time
> I did that, they
> kept billing me even after I called to cancel the
> trial (but that's
> another subject entirely).
> --
> Max Schwanekamp
> http://www.neptunewebworks.com/
>
> --
>
> * * Please support the community that supports you.
> * *
> http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

> Harvester
> and archives of thelist go to: