[thelist] How to hide blocks of code on a page from being picked up by the search engines - Can it be done?

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:05:43 CDT 2005

Hello,
 I was asked if this could be done and how and I am not sure. If you want to
hide a particular block of content within a two column layout, say for
instance within a div, from the search engines picking this up, can it be
done and how? I know with includes, the code gets displayed when you view
source, so I guess the SE would pick that up? (include content). How bout'
Iframes, does that get picked up? The only thinkg I have ever done to
exclude content from being picked up by the search engines is to alter the
meta tags, but that was for the whole page, and not just a particular block
of content.
 Any insight into this is greatly appreciative!

--
::Bruce Gilbert- www.inspired-evolution.com<http://www.inspired-evolution.com>::