[thelist] What tools should I use?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:51:48 CDT 2005

On 9/12/05, RUST Randal <RRust at covansys.com> wrote:
> Matt Warden wrote:
>
> > Just for the escaping? As far as I know, PHP does not support
> > prepared statements, in the traditional sense. It is just
> > something fudged by libraries like PEAR::DB, no?
>
> ADODB does allow for prepared statements.
>
> http://phplens.com/adodb/reference.functions.prepare.html

As far as I can tell, this is emulated statement preparation (in
MySQL) and does not actually prepare the statement, just like with
PEAR:DB. It's not a fault of the library, but a fault of MySQL.
According to this, though, MySQL 4.1+ has some support for prepared
statements: http://www.php-editors.com/mysql_manual/p_manual_Clients.html

Thanks,

--
Matt Warden