[thelist] What tools should I use?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Sep 12 17:50:15 CDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Ettinger
Subject: Re: [thelist] What tools should I use?

: I am not willing to use something for free while I'm
: developing a site, only to have to pay big bucks once
: my business becomes successful to legitimize it's
: licensing.

An interesting statement, but one which is also slightly ambiguous. You'd
prefer to pay to use the software in development as well as production? Or
you'd only use the software if it was free all the way through?

The former seems to be a silly way to run a business (why not "try before you
buy?")

And the latter also seems a bit odd to me - you're in business to make money,
but you have some philosophical objection to others charging for something
useful that you use to make money?

Cheers
Ken