[thelist] What tools should I use?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Sep 12 17:50:17 CDT 2005

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Judah McAuley wrote:
>
>> Ian Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> I disagree about the extent of the issues. IIS and ASP are a stable,
>>> predictable platform - the advantage of being the oldest dynamic page
>>> technology.
>
> /
>
>> No to be pedantic, but ColdFusion predated ASP. ASP 1 (shudder) was
>> introduced in 1996 as part of an NT service pack. CF was released in
>> 1995.
>

> And, of course, Perl was in use as a dynamic page technology in the
> Spring of 1995, if not earlier.  :-)
>
> And considering that Apache is built on the NCSA httpd which most
> folks were running back in '93...
>
> mmmmm... history...

True, but I think the question was about "dynamic page technology" which
I took to mean mixing html + server side language in one page. From what
I remember back then, perl was just used for writing cgi apps.

Of course, I first wrote dynamic pages using fdml to interact with a
filemaker pro db. Which, come to think of it, was also around 95.

mmmm...history...

Judah