[thelist] RE: What tools do I use?

jcole1513 jcole1513 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 11:27:41 CDT 2005

Max Schwanekamp wrote:

"...When I
went freelance with very little investment capital, it made total sense
to abandon ASP for PHP, where I could get started with an $8/month
shared host, with no fees for either MySQL or PostGreSQL, and reasonably

decent capabilities in a low cost (<$30 or free) editor.

"

Thanks, Max, that's what I was looking for. Freelance web development is
the direction that appeals to me the most; however, I did want to hear
general arguments for all environments in case I have to bail on the
small business venture ;-)

Thanks everyone,
Jeannie