[thelist] A map

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Wed Sep 14 13:27:56 CDT 2005

Norman,

If you're focused on a Flash solution, have a look at PointMapper. [1]
It's a Flash applet that lets you take a (vectorized) base map,
georeference it with a simple XML file and map points using a
lightweight javascript API.

Another candidate would be the GoogleMaps API. [2] You can embed
Google's mapping tools in your application and let them do the
'heavy-lifting'.  If you need to put together a quick prototype for
your client, check out GoogleMap EZ. [3] This lets you map points
without writing a lick of javascript, by instead using a crafted html
syntax.

[1] http://www.mapbureau.com/
[2] http://www.google.com/apis/maps/
[3] http://bluweb.com/us/chouser/gmapez/