[thelist] (ASP.NET) Controls in a repeater

Tab Alleman talleman at Lumpsum.com
Wed Sep 14 14:09:35 CDT 2005

VERY new to Dot Net...

I want to create a page that grabs a list of name/address/phones and associated RowIDs from a database and displays for each row:

checkbox | name/address/phone

So I decide to do this with a DataReader and a Repeater.

So in my repeater I've got (among other things):

<!--  code:

	<asp:CheckBox ID="cbSelect" Runat="server" />
	<asp:Label ID="lblContactID" Visible="False" Runat="server" Text='<%# Container.DataItem("ID") %>' />

-->

I'm thinking that I can use invisible labels like the old ASP's hidden inputs.   Maybe there's a better way.  I'm new to this.

Question is how do I refer, individually, to the checkboxes this creates?   I tried:

if cbSelect(0).Checked then

but I get:

"Class 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Checkbox' cannot be indexed because it has no default property.

How does one reference the array of controls created by a repeater?