[thelist] Site check please rocky-hills.com

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Sun Sep 18 06:27:06 CDT 2005

My inbox is swelling.  It is entirely possible, and not really too
difficult, to make a site that works perfectly for  EVERYONE, and everyone's
crazy huge monitor.  I have a 23-inch display, I run it at 1920x1200.  I do
not have problems viewing Web sites (a far as text size goes) on my monitor.

If text size is going to be an issue, make it obvious how to increase the
text size with a clearly defined style switcher.  You could even be creative
and use small monitor icons for the style switcher.

Why don't you both submit the perfectly spec'd Web site, and then agree to
make a style sheet to match each spec sheet?  Just a (somewhat crazy)
thought.  How about fluid layout, with max-width and min-width set, relative
font sizes, and two style switchers - one for bigger text, and one for
greater width.

What do you think?