[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Sep 20 00:59:28 CDT 2005

Message from Shawn K. Quinn (9/19/2005 11:04 PM)

>On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 23:06 -0400, M. Seyon wrote:
> > And you make this statement based on the fact that you have:
>
>- found their Web site unusable due to a patently obvious lack of
>testing and/or a very erroneous assumption that everyone uses the exact
>same browser, operating system, and hardware that was used to test it
>the one time it was tested.
>
>I have the answers

That' great.

And I'm a customer who has used their site in the past, and who has
personally compared their site to others in the same industry - can't
remember every which one but compusa was one of them - and found it leaps
and bounds more intuitive, and faster to complete the tasks I set out to
accomplish.

And I couldn't give a fish's ass whether they use cookies or not. Which is
probably not terribly far off how they'd feel about you and your
0.0000000001% esoteric browser/os/configurations choices - choices that i
am 100% sure you made with full knowledge that they would restrict your
ability to use many websites.

Face it, this is 2005 and people aren't running html 1.0 on lynx any more.

It's a really stupid hermit who sits in his cave on the mountaintop and
bitches about never having any visitors.

regards.
-marc