[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Sep 20 11:01:37 CDT 2005

<snipped code>

> Note the empty anchor element, that could have linked to the real home
> page, allowing search engines and users without JavaScript to enter the
> site with one extra action.

That's a fair enough comment.

However Google seems to be able to index the Staples.com site anyway. A
(very) quick glance through cached pages shows a number of pages recently
cached from the new-look site. Similarly with MSN Search. So, at the very
least, it appears the major search engines are able to get to the content
somehow.

Cheers
Ken