[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Sep 20 11:51:12 CDT 2005

You are making great arguments in favor of Windows here...

> Uh...I still use Lynx, sometimes that's the only
> browser I have access to. For example, I'm installing
> LInux on my desktop (no gui desktop installed yet),
> and I need a driver from ASUS.com. The problem I have
> is Lynx doesn't support frames and flash and
> javascript, which asus.com has all over the place. So
> I have to use another working comptuer to access it.

Never a problem with Windows.  Even in the VGA mode the web is still
graphically available.

> The other problem I have is with my router's web-based
> configuration, again Frames and Javascript. I can ssh
> remotely to my home machine, and the only way for me
> to access the router's config utility is via lynx
> (command line browser). This makes it impossible.

I sure love Terminal Services/Remote Desktop in times like these.  I still
can't fathom (and I guess I'm dense or something) why some people have a
love affair with SSH.

See, Windows ain't all that bad!

<duck />

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/