[thelist] Mint, anyone?

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 12:23:34 CDT 2005

Hi all,

for those of you who run web sites on Apache with PHP/MySQL, you may be
interested to know of a new visitor logging and analysis tool called Mint.

Written by web standards guru Shawn Inman, it costs $30 per site, and
provides a beautifully designed, simple interface for tracking visitors.
It does not track search engine robots*, and is a very nice piece of kit.

http://www.haveamint.com/

It's a folder of PHP stuff you install on your site, and give the
details for your MySQL database - then you just browse to /mint/ to see
who's been where.

I have no affiliation with the thing, just passing it on FYI. There's
been a lot of buzz in the blogoshere about it, so I may be the last to
know. (As usual...)

Cheers!

Ian

* Somewhat relevant to the recent thread about evil JavaScript
redirection, Mint only tracks users with JavaScript enabled.

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net