[thelist] Apache Redirect Question

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Wed Sep 21 15:05:02 CDT 2005

I maintain a website that requires payment for access to
certain content. That content is in a particular
subdirectory. I am using IP authentication for that
particular subdirectory, and that's working quite well. If
someone tries accessing files in that subdirectory from an
IP address that's not allowed, a 403 status gets returned,
and I redirect the user to a file in the root directory.

My question is how I can return a 200 or 30X status when the
server serves up the redirect file. Is this possible?

Regards,

Dan
Dan Romanchik, Web Developer & Blogger
734-930-6564, dan at danromanchik.com