[thelist] download complete verification

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 17:30:13 CDT 2005

> The way we prove that the software download was successful is that in
order to launch the program they must enter a license code... the
download was complete, or else the software wouldn't have run and
generated a serial number.

Something very similar is already built into our system, so I have some
confidence that this issue is more legal than technical - not my field
;-)

As you are already distributing software via the internet, could you
offer any ideas/tips on the legalities associated with this? What
problems have you come across?

Phil

[definition: 'farmer' - a man outstanding in his field]