[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

dwain alford dwain.alford at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 04:00:22 CDT 2005

ben morrison wrote:
> On 9/22/05, dwain alford <dwain.alford at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>i am in need of a bit of assistance.  i am planning a blog using
>>wordpress.  i have read the initial installation instructions, but i'm
>>not sure how to begin to set up the database.  from what i have seen of
>>blogs, there is a post and there can be comments added to the post.
>>this is all new and foreign to me.  would someone please, gently, put me
>>on to what i need to do to begin work on this blog?
>

> I havent installed it myself. Assuming you have access to your own
> mysql database, there is normally a config file which you run which
> sets it up for you, you can read more about installing it here:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
>
> ben

thanks ben.  i've read readme file in wp, but since i don't know nuthin
about birthin a database i thought i'd ask.  i've looked at the file
that i'm to modify, and i'm just plain lost as to how to configure it.
i host with 1 and 1.com.  i guess i'm to set up the database admin with
them and when i run the install.php it will hook up and do what it's
supposed to with my hosting service.  i'm excited and anxious at the
same time about all this.  i am breaking new ground and entering
territory that i thought i was years away from.  funny how life is.

i'll check out the link you gave me.  maybe this isn't as bad as i'm
making it out to be.

cheers,
dwain

--