[thelist] CSS Question - Table Inheritance

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at THERMON.com
Thu Sep 22 10:46:53 CDT 2005

[snip]
> #content {
>         background: #FFFFFF;
>         font: 0.8em arial, sans-serif, "Trebuchet MS";
>         height: auto;
>         text-align: justify;
>         padding: 160px 70px 0px 70px;
> }

> Shouldn't the table use the font declared in 'content', including the
size?

It should but its quite flakey, I know there are issues with mozilla
in quirksmode:

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/viewsource/2002/table-inherit/

Any more info would be appreciated...
[/snip]

In this case I am using IE6 because it is for a web application where the
users are 'controlled', in other words IE6 is used as a corporate directive
in this case. If the web app was going to be used outside of that
environment I would test in other browsers.