[thelist] Is this a list?

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:01:41 CDT 2005

> Actually, accessibility guidelines suggest that the form element
> should be within the label element. i.e..:
>
> <fieldset>
> <legend>Choose gift:</legend>
> </fieldset>
>
> see e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#forms-labels
>
> This of course annoys me to no end, as I typically use <label> to push
> my <input> elements over to the same horizontal column on the page,
> like in the old table-based form layouts. (Although this is not really
> an issue with checkboxes.)

That is why these things are guidelines and not commandments. I never
bothered embedding the form field in the label.

The guidelines also suggest to use an onkeypress with every onclick
and that will result in submission when you hit tab in Firefox. They
also advocate accesskeys which have proven to be a complete failure in
the real practical world.

1999 is when these came out, time to replace them with the new ones...

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com