[thelist] Is this a list?

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Sep 27 09:48:27 CDT 2005

> Horsefeathers.
>
> You "know" no such thing.

Hypocritical in the extreme. How can *you* know what's in Amanda's head?

> All web sites need to be accessible.

No they don't. All websites which could conceivably ever be accessed by
anyone with a disability need to be accessible. If I build a website for
myself, say, a blog where I jot notes to me, for my own personal use,
which I never intend to be used by anyone else for any reason, does
*not* have to be accessible to anyone but me.

> Statements like yours really make me angry.

You made a dozen excellent points in your post, all of them obscured by
your anger. Anger doesn't convince anyone that you're right, nor will it
persuade them to internalize your valid points.

And just in case it has to be said, I have numerous friends and
relatives with various disabilities, so I am neither ignorant nor
unfeeling. I just disagree strongly with your personal attack on Amanda.

joel