[thelist] program management software?

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Mon Oct 3 14:21:11 CDT 2005

> as an open source salesman, I'd recommend searching
> freshmeat.net for project management.
>
> I've personally used dotProject, which is pretty good.
> --- Casey <aspnet at thecrookstons.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone here have experience with any Project Management
> application?
> > Ever used one?  Is their an industry standard that employers might
> > look for on resumes?
> >
> > Thanks.

We're users of MS Project here. Definitely definitely definitely
consider your options before settling with Project - it's been a
struggle... We're a busy eLearning consulting company with only 10-ish
employees, but frequently run into data integrity problems, "features"
breaking, lost hours, etc.

Maybe it's our setup - we certainly don't have the luxury of having
someone in IT dedicated to making sure it's running smoothly....

But, at the end of the day, it does the job (barely).

What features are you looking for? I've also used BaseCamp
(http://www.basecamphq.com/) with great success on a few projects, and
adore it immensely.

But, as always, ymmv.

'luck.