[thelist] PHP Flashcards?

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Tue Oct 4 04:48:49 CDT 2005

Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:
> OK so I'm getting tired of looking up functions in the PHP manual.  I
> want to memorize a much greater subset of the functions available in
> most PHP installations, excepting some of the more arcane extensions.
> Anyone know of a set of PHP flashcards, either digital or paper, free
> or paid?  For greek and old norse, I made my own, but it seems silly
> to hand-write flashcards for a scripting language!

The only one I have come across is the PHP Cheat Sheet found at:
http://www.ilovejackdaniels.com/php/php-cheat-sheet/

Its actually quite good, although it could go deeper and have more stuff.
I've had it next to my monitor for a few weeks now but rarely ever even take
a glance. I think it is just so much easier to type www.php.net/func_name
and go for it. Using the functions a few times makes them stick to your head
fast enough, and with a code hinting enabled in the editor you dont even
need to memorize all the parameters and their order.

--
Suni