[thelist] .Net generated HTML not validating - help?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Oct 5 20:37:16 CDT 2005

Ken,

You are right.  I meant View State... :-)

> I'm not a guru either. You can certainly write stuff that
> doesn't rely on the client-side javascript (i.e. avoiding the
> postbacks) if  you're just doing something simple (and avoid
> using the BCL web controls), but if you are using web
> controls, then you'll probably need to wire up everything
> yourself.

Take for example this site:

http://tinyurl.com/7d7h2

I've been ask to come up with suggestions for it.  One of their wishes is to
make it more accessible.  My knee jerk reaction is to tell them we need to
get right of the JS post-backs.  Being as I'm an ASP guy, not an ASP.NET
guy, my second reaction is to suggest switching to ASP.  It's not a terribly
complex site, by any means.

Given what you and Aardvark suggest regarding controls, what would be an
appropriate course to rid it of the client-side BS it currently has in it?
Thanks.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/