[thelist] deleting messages b4 a certain date

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 02:43:48 CDT 2005

On 05/10/05, Alex Beston <delta_000 at deltatraffic.co.uk> wrote:
> hi Evolt from malaysia!
>
> currently using pine to keep up with mail as quickest way to deal with
> mail.
>
> is it possible, so i dont have to press d for screen apon screen, to just
> delete all messages before todays date?

In pine go to the list of messages, normally just "I" from main menu. Then:
; - select
D - Date
^W - (Ctrl +  W) toggle When (normally Pine opens with SINCE, you want BEFORE
 type in date in format dd-mmm-yyyy, eg 01-Oct-2005
A - Apply Command
D - Delete

Quit out, for me that's normally pressing  < to return to menu /
folder list, then q and it'll ask if you really want to delete XXX
messages. Press enter and they're gone.

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty
Tel: +44(0)870 931 1060 VoIP: 9309880 Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891