[thelist] vbscript/mssql calendar

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Oct 6 15:11:19 CDT 2005

Joel,

   If you don't already have it, bookmark the MSDN scripting reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

   Obviously you'll be heading for the VBScript section.  Pay particular attention to the Weekday function and the WeekdayName function.

HTH,

Peter

 From: "Canfield, Joel" JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org

> What are the samples you are have looked at so far? (So we
> can judge what it
> simple/complex in this situation)?

no dot net
yes, I'm tied to MSSQL/VBScript because that's what's on my server
here's what I've seen:

http://www.netwood.net/~kosenko/vbcalendar.html
http://www.kamath.com/calendar/
http://www.matrix28.com/details.pl?userid=1984
http://www.matrix28.com/details.pl?userid=1987
http://www.matrix28.com/details.pl?userid=1983
http://www.cool.co.za/asp_source/Calendar/simple/index.htm

All offer *way* too many bells and whistles or have a tiny little
display which links to content, rather than displaying it in the
calendar itself.

Here's a mockup of what I really want:

http://www.intranetintelligence.com/calendar.asp

I guess the real issue is getting the weekday of the first day of the
month. I'll guess VBScript knows; it seems to be pretty smart about
dates.

joel