[thelist] Perl Time Out

Gilles Beauregard gilles at balour.org
Fri Oct 7 06:09:57 CDT 2005

Allo!

At 01:06 2005-10-07, you wrote:
>I've seen this before. and frankly, it's good practice
>to get your perl script to work within a restrictive
>memory limit.

No problem with that, but this restriction must be explained
somewhere before and after I move to the host.

Most of the script is running fast, under 1-2 seconds each time.
I have only a very small amount of script who run on longer period,
but only when the site is updated. Only 10-20 time a day, and not
everyday.

>Now...why is it running away on you?

Really, I don't know. They want me to upgrade to a better/bigger
account, but if it's on the same server, the problem will stick.

> > I have some Perl script aborting before the end of
> > the execution.
> >
> > After, some email exchange with the support, it's
> > seem to be a problem at
> > the ressource allocated to Perl:
> >
> > The limit is as follow:
> >
> > RLimitMEM 157,286,400 157,286,400
> > RLimitCPU 60 60
> >
> > Do you think this value is fair for a shared server?
> >
> > I don't know how much site are host on the server.
> >
> > Gilles B.

---
Webmasters helping webmasters
http://www.balour.org/