[thelist] MS Access: Creating a default calculated field?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sun Oct 9 12:51:30 CDT 2005

I want to whip up a quick database, where one of the fields has a default
that is a calculation, or that the calculation is automatically triggered
when data is entered.

I keep trying variations of this

    Balance =Sum(['RentRoll.Due']-['RentRoll.Discount']-['RentRoll.Paid'])

But Access keeps telling me that it can't find the fields. Can someone
suggest how I can go about doing this? I've used Access a little bit for
web-stuff years ago, but I want to use this as a stand alone database that
I can ship off to someone.

Fundamentally, I want to use this as a more flexible spreadsheet.

Thanks

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.