[thelist] regex problem [solved]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 08:25:26 CDT 2005

--- Joshua Olson <joshua at waetech.com> wrote:

> ^ = Start of String
> $ = End of String
>
> So, ^[\*]$ = a string containing only *
>
> Does it make more sense now why your regex didn't work?

Yes, and thanks for the many answers! I'm still new to this but some of it is starting to sink in.
So I ended up with

var strippedNameValue = nameValue.replace(/\*/g, "");

which worked perfectly.

I had this idea in my head that you had to have the boundries, but now I see what the point is for
having them. Thanks everyone!

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/

A man spoke frantically into the phone: "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart"! "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked. "No, you idiot!" the man shouted. "This is her husband!"

Q: What do you call a muddy chicken who crossed the road two times?
A: A dirty double crosser...