[thelist] CAPTCHA recommendations

David Felton davidfelton at codemasters.com
Wed Oct 12 09:54:24 CDT 2005

> An example, albeit not a very good one:
> http://neptunewebworks.com/contact
> Tutorial:
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2005/03/31/text_captcha.html
>
> Some other non-PEAR captcha's, generally a bit prettier:
> http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1569.html
> http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1768.html
> http://www.puremango.co.uk/cm_freecap_113.php

Thanks for the links, I'm not that impressed with Text_CAPTCHA now I've seen it in action.

I've looked at hn_captcha already and that's also under the GPL license.

cm_freecap is the one I'm using at the moment - I'm really pleased with it but need to replace it because of the licensing issues.

VeriWord looks more interesting, it's not under any license and from the description it sounds quit good, I'll investigate this further.

Thanks again.

the system manager.