[thelist] dummy data, demo sites

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 14:04:08 CDT 2005

Dan,

If possible, add a status field to your data and store
a tag in that field like 'D' or 'R' where 'D'
represents dummy data and 'R' represents real or live
data. On the display side, do a check to see if the
status field returns 'D' and if it does print out
something like

** Test Data **

This may also help keep dummy data from being mistaken
as real data in the future. I am sure there are a ton
of other approaches that could be utilized as well.

Asif
http://www.sinletter.com