[thelist] re: solution for IE ineptitude

Steve Clason stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Fri Oct 14 09:57:39 CDT 2005

On 10/14/2005 8:11 AM Bruce Gilbert wrote:
> update! , I discovered <a href="#"> solves this problem, but I don't know if
> this is the best solution...

This isn't exactly a solution, but if you make an actual page for each
of the top-level menu items, even if the page contains little besides
the second-level navigation choices, then all (or at least most)
visitors can completely navigate your site, including those for whom the
Suckerfish drop-downs don't work--IE/Mac and IE/PC with Javascript disabled.

Otherwise, you may have pages those folks just can't get to, or even
know about.

--
Steve Clason
Web Design and Development